Drafting Airtight AIA Contracts: Proven Strategies for Complex Projects
SummaryDue to the complex contract provisions, drafting and negotiating AIA forms for your clients remains a challenge. When you consider ConsensusDOCS and IPD Agreements, the potential pitfalls increase exponentially. Are you fully prepared to navigate the legal landmines and effectively mitigate risk for your clients? You will discover the following in this 90-minute, informative webinar:
- Methods to draft AIA Contracts - standard forms that protect your client
- Reduce liability with critical indemnification and risk allocation provisions
- Key drafting strategies to address change orders and delays-to-completion
- Strategies to recognize and overcome the pitfalls of using standard forms
Key Provisions to Address Damaging Construction Project Problems
- Keys for properly drafting and utilizing AIA Document A201
- Indemnification essentials: How to use AIA forms to mitigate risk
- How to effectively apply consequential and liquidated damage provisions
Change Orders: Apply the Proper Balance of AIA Contract Provisions
- What to look for when negotiating liability limitations
- Best practices for addressing contingencies in IPD agreements
- AIA Contracts: Use the right forms for owners, contractors and architects
Overcoming Delays-to-Completion and Other Common Construction Faux Pas
- Proven methods to apply the Spearin Doctrine to your client's contract
- AIA forms vs. ConsensusDOCS: Key provisions to protect your client
- Clauses and provisions that shield your client from incomplete projects
Hear expert answers to your real-world AIA contract questions!
About the Speaker
Dr. Jim Castagnera, Esq. holds a JD and a PhD from Case Western Reserve University.
- After spending 10 years in the Employment, Labor and Intellectual Property practices at a major Philadelphia law firm, Saul Ewing, he joined Rider University as Associate Provost and Legal Counsel for Academic Affairs. His responsibilities in that position included labor relations with the faculty union; supervision of the international education office, as well as services for students with disabilities, and much more.
- He has published 22 books and is also a partner in Holland Media Services LLC, a freelance writing, editing, training and consulting company, serving higher ed and non-profit clients with offices in Los Angeles and Philadelphia.
This 90 minute workshop will provide you with the strategies for properly drafting and negotiating AIA forms that effectively mitigate risk within your client's construction project.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org