Effective Incident Investigations: Best Practices to Get Results
- How to avoid the top legal traps of performing accident investigations
- Guidelines to keep damaging, unrelated information out of reports
- Specific actions that can make or break a lawsuit against you
- Documentation approaches to strengthen defensive strategies
- Ways to improve your investigations, increase safety, and prevent liability
Guidelines to Conduct an Effective Accident Investigation
- Guidelines for conducting a thorough investigation
- Proper handling of discussions and evidence
- OSHA's rules pertaining to accident investigations
Prevent the Investigation from Being Used Against You
- Limiting supervisor, management and organizational liability
- What you should and should not put in writing
- Protecting information from discoverability
- Handling regulations, citations and violations
What You Can Do to Reduce Risk of Employee Lawsuits
- Overview of OSHA, workers' comp, ADA and FMLA
- Federal enforcement for criminal and civil prosecution
- Safety Observation Audits: Requirements for document retention
- Managing contractor liabilities and avoiding tort litigation
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Adele L. Abrams, Esq., CMSP is a nationally recognized authority on Occupational Safety and Health law. She represents employers in OSHA and MSHA litigation and provides training and safety consultation.
- Ms. Abrams is a frequent author on safety, health and legal compliance issues, including writing columns in "Modern Contractor Solutions" and "Pallet Central" magazines, articles in "Professional Safety" and "New Construction Products," writing for ASSE publications and co-authoring several books including the widely reviewed "Construction Safety Management and Engineering" and the "Safety Professional's Handbook.".
- Ms. Abrams is a regular presenter at prestigious safety conferences like the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) and the National Safety Congress, where she specializes in providing real-world solutions to real-world problems.
It is critical to investigate each incident to prevent future occurrences, and ensure no one inadvertently contributes to costly legal problems. This 60-minute program will provide you with clear guidelines to improve your investigations, increase safety, and prevent liability.
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.