Effective Goal Setting
Now is the time to put all the bumps your organization has endured over the last year in the rearview mirror and look ahead.
As a manager, you play a vital part in determining the success of the year by the way you frame the future with your team. But without clear goal planning, your team will quickly get off track.
In our 60-minute program, management expert Karla Brandau will show you an effective structure for goal setting that invites your team members to share their visions and work together to produce meaningful and realistic goals. Learn how to clearly define goals, break them down into actionable tasks, and avoid the most common goal-setting mistakes that block success.
Join us to discover:
- Keys to involving team members in setting aggressive but achievable goals
- How Lag and Lead indicators will affect your success
- Ways to keep your team on track and hitting their milestones
- The top three things that stop productivity and how to avoid them
- How to clearly communicate the organization’s goals to your team
We’ll answer key questions managers are asking, including:
- Why doesn’t my team reach the deadlines and goals I have set for them?
- What should I do if team members stray off the course set by the goals?
- What can I do when a team member lags behind the others and does not achieve his/her target?
Defining and Setting Effective Goals
- Structure for setting realistic goals employees will get behind
- Templates to assist you in the process of tracking and hitting team goals
- Using metrics to structure and reinforce your goals
- Understanding and utilizing Lead and Lag indicator for writing goals
- Engage and involve employees in setting goals for better buy-in
- Guidelines to ensure all team members understand the final deliverables
- Documenting each goal with key dates and tracking deadlines
- What are the pros, cons, trade-offs, timing, and available resources?
Keeping Your Team Motivated and Projects On-track
- The three cardinal rules of setting teams goals
- Using better estimates to avoid missed deadlines and cost overruns
- Fostering an environment where team members can share their own visions and goals
- Tap into the core drivers of what motivates an individual to be productive
- The role culture integrity plays in achieving goals
- Keys to resolving conflicts of opinion in the goal setting process
- Ensure deadlines and checkpoints are at the top of each team member’s agenda
About the Speaker
Karla Brandau is a leading authority on leadership and team productivity in the workplace. She specializes in coaching managers to build teams that collaborate, are focused on achievement, and reach their production goals.
She is the CEO of Brandau Power Institute and has educated mangers with her proven leadership and productivity principles in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, and BYD America.
She has a degree in education and is a Certified Speaking Professional, an earned designation given by National Speakers Association. Her leadership book, “How to Earn the Gift of Discretionary Effort”, is available on Amazon.
In this program, you will learn an effective approach for identifying, outlining, and achieving goals that will set your team ahead. Get your team excited and on board by making them a part of the goal setting process.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org