Effective Job Hazard Analysis: Preventing Workplace Injuries & Illnesses
Using a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) is an effective and proven method for identifying and controlling workplace hazards. In addition to helping employers create a safer working environment, they equip you to better standardize operations, set performance metrics and increase productivity.
In this informative, 60-minute event you'll discover practical strategies for planning, conducting and documenting an effective Job Hazard Analysis program. Join safety-expert Jack Fearing as he discusses:
- The four phases of a comprehensive Job Hazard Analysis.
- Identification of key types of workplace hazards
- Developing and utilizing a JHA-related risk matrix
- Employee training and engagement on Job Hazard Analysis techniques
- Using the Hierarchy of Controls to effectively prevent workplace hazards
- The positive impacts of an effective JHA program on your organization
- Selecting the proper JHA worksheet for your operations
- Methods for identifying potentially hazardous conditions in your workplace
- Reviewing various types of JHA templates for documentation of activities
- Effective use of engineering, administrative controls and PPE in preventing injuries
- Using JHAs to standardize multiple shift operations and tasks
- Employee and contractors JHA training and engagement
- Understanding OSHA’s application of the General Duty Clause
- Procedures for contesting and mitigating citations after an OSHA inspection
- Review of OSHA standards relevant to developing your JHAs
About the Speaker
Jack Fearing, CPEA, is the Managing Partner for Fearing International Group LLC and has more than 35 years of experience in occupational safety & health management, program auditing & consulting.
- He is a certified Health & Safety auditor, an OSHA-authorized 10/30 hour instructor, and a professional member of the New Jersey Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP). He was the NJASSP Safety Professional of the Year (SPY) in 2019.
- His experience includes EHS Director for a global defense contractor, an audit program director for multi-national manufacturing company and audit team leader for a leading multi-national pharmaceutical company.
- He is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts (BS) and Boston University (M.Ed). He is retired US Army LTC, Senior Army Aviator and Aviation Safety Officer.
- Jack is an accomplished author and speaker and has been published in various American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) professional journals on numerous safety topics as well as featured articles in "CoatingsPro", "Today's Facility Manager" & "Facility Safety Management". He is also a frequent speaker and trainer for local, regional and national events.
In this compliance-based, 60-minute program you will learn guidelines for developing and implementing an effective Job Hazard Analysis program to accurately define job functions and the associated risks.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.