Effectively Manage (and Thrive) Through Transitions and Change
We fear change because it brings uncertainty.
Research indicates that a fear of change is one of the largest roadblocks for any person or team in the workplace.
Afterall, it’s more comfortable to keep everything the same.
But then – there's no progress.
In fact, change in the workplace is what brings about new growth and drives revenue.
Change is a good thing - but how do you communicate that to your team?
Learn strategies to lead your team through major transitions and discover proven methods to get past resistance so you can create buy-in for the direction your organization is heading.
Join us for this high-impact workshop to make transitions a time of growth instead of a time of lost productivity. Areas of focus include:
- Key strategies to gain buy-in for change from your team
- Reducing uncertainty by being transparent and communicating intentionally
- How to address the fear of change without losing momentum or productivity
- Overcoming ‘growing pains’ and building trust among your team
The Stages of Change: Be Prepared When Transitions or Changes Occur
- Recognize the normal reactions that occur during organizational changes
- How to keep consistency when change causes stress and uncertainty
- Use transition as an opportunity to develop better relationships with your team
Dealing with Resistance: Get Your Team to Accept and Invest in New Opportunities
- Answer tough questions raised by your employees with transparency
- How to handle resistant or negative employees when stakes are high
- Get your team to take ownership of new developments and trust the process
Adapting, Improvising and Overcoming: Managing the Repercussions of Change
- Leadership strategies you can apply immediately to manage through transition
- Guide your team through the chaos: Driving results during rapid transformations
- Be productive and stay productive during (and after) the shift
About the Speaker
Myra Golden is a favorite training partner for Fortune 500 companies with her customized, engaging, behavior-changing (and fun) management workshops. She works with large brands such as McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Frito-Lay, Michelin, and Vera Bradley. Before becoming the go-to trainer for some of the world's biggest brands, Myra was the Global Head of Consumer Affairs for a mid-sized rental car company.
- Myra was named one of the top 100 Rising Stars by Travel Agent Magazine for her landmark work in leading her team through difficult times and restoring customer trust.
- Myra has a master's degree in human relations and a bachelor's degree in psychology, helping her to understand the challenges of developing the best employee experience as it relates to mindset.
This 60-minute workshop focuses on attainable, actionable steps for management in times of change and transition. While change is a normal and healthy part of business, people are naturally resistant and often want to fight against it. Your job as a manager is to turn their fear of change into a hope for new, improved opportunities.
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org