Employee Expense Reimbursement Under TC&JA: What's Allowable Now
Employee expense reimbursements that aren't handled accurately can wind up being disallowed as expenses, or even considered as compensation by the IRS. If this happens, your company is on the hook for paying the associated payroll taxes - costing you more money as well as any penalties! Don't take chances with your expense reimbursement plan for employees and independent contractors. Join our live, 75-minute webinar to discover:
- What’s now allowable and what’s taxable under the TC&JA
- What makes an "Accountable Plan" - Guidelines to help you in 2019
- Your options for calculating and reporting taxable expenses to the IRS
- Keys to taxing reimbursements: What's an expense vs. compensation
- High on the audit list: Detailed rules for specific reimbursement types
IRS' New Rules for Employee & Independent Contractor Expense Reimbursement
- Changes payroll, A/P and HR need to know now
- IRS reimbursement requirements for taxing employee expenses
- Expense reimbursement plans: Accountable vs. non-accountable
- Stay off the audit list: Rules on specific types of reimbursement
Requirements for Reimbursements: Expense vs. Compensation
- Tips & tools to calculate taxable expenses - before the IRS does!
- Payroll taxation considerations: When reimbursements count as income
- Personal use of company property: Vehicles, cell phones and more
Best Practices for Processing and Documenting Expenses: Key to Preventing Fraud
- Substantiation and documentation: Excluding reimbursement from wages
- Identifying employee fraud: Clear warning signs to be aware of
- Methods for timely processing and collection of excess advance funds
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Mark Schwartz has over 15 years of experience in state and federal payroll tax audits, collections, and payroll consulting.
- As an auditor, Mark prided himself on his ability to educate his auditees on state and federal payroll tax requirements. Whatever issues he found in audits, he ensured the auditee knew how to comply in the future. He worked to minimize company disruptions in the audit process.
- In addition to his real-life experiences, Mark has a Masters in Business Administration, and currently uses his entertaining and helpful personality to help organizations prepare for payroll tax audits - whether they've already got the notice or are still hoping they don't!
Join us for this 75-minute webinar to discover the legal and financial risks of improper reimbursement procedures and gain practical tips and tools to ensure your policies are in order.
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org