Employee Handbook Updates: Ensure Compliance & Avoid Litigation
Employee handbooks are not only a valuable management tool, but one that's well written can protect employees and minimize liability risks for your organization.
This 90-minute, compliance-based program will provide important guidance for writing effective handbooks and policies. Plus, we'll cover the latest regulations, requirements, and employment law trends that every employer needs to be aware of.
Join us, and you'll discover how to:
- Understand the impact of the Stericycle ruling
- Draft strong, clear policies that help avoid litigation
- Develop a handbook that meets regulatory requirements
- Conduct an employee handbook audit to ensure compliance
- Avoid the top employee handbook mistakes most employers make
Essential Components for Your Employee Handbook
- Policies that must be included in every handbook
- Top mistakes in drafting employee handbooks & how to avoid them
- Keys to creating effective handbooks for multi-state employers
- Policies your handbook should have, but probably doesn’t
- Creating clear channels of communication with employees
Regulation Updates & Employment Laws Employers Must Know
- Strategies to ensure compliance with the latest employment laws
- National Labor Relations Board updates for employee handbooks
- Which new laws have changed the playing field for employers
- Resources to help employers mitigate changing regulations
- Paid leave laws, employee classification, and much more!
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP
HR Compliance Solutions, LLC
Margie Faulk is a senior-level human resources professional with over 15 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and non-profit sectors. Margie has provided small to large businesses with risk management strategies that protect companies and reduces potential workplace fines and penalties for violation of employment regulations. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
In this 90-minute event, employers will learn the latest regulatory and employment law updates impacting employee handbooks, and best practices for creating clear policies that can stand up to litigation.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org