Event cancelled: Employee Privacy Rights: Legal Considerations for the Workplace
Please note we have canceled this event, our apologies for any inconvenience.
Employers are stuck in a balancing act between employee privacy and protecting their organization.
Without proper employee monitoring, companies are left vulnerable to devastating consequences like security breaches, embezzlement, leaked information or unseen allegations.
Your organization needs airtight policies that keep them protected and compliant.
Join us for this 90-minute workshop to discover how to navigate this challenging tightrope and keep your organization protected from employee lawsuits, non-compliance or leaked company information.
This critical training will teach you:
- The ins and outs of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act and other federal regulations
- How to design a bulletproof employee monitoring policy
- The legal ramifications of terminating employees for “legitimate business concerns”
- What’s off-limits and what can be monitored by workplace searches or IT
- When surveillance crosses the line: Policies that keep everyone protected
- Tips to handle new privacy and information-security challenges caused by the rise in telecommuting
Policies that Protect: Maintain Employee Trust While Protecting the Company
- Data and Privacy: Advice for data accessibility that doesn’t compromise security
- What employers can – and cannot – monitor on internal or employee devices
Respecting Employee Rights: Avoid Legal Pitfalls
- Where to draw the line for surveillance to avoid lawsuits and backlash
- Know what can (and cannot) be legally accessed for security purposes
- What’s off-limits and what can be monitored in a workplace search
About the Speaker
Jim Castagnera holds an M.A. from Kent State University, and a J.D. and Ph.D. from Case Western Reserve University. He practiced law for 36 years, before retiring in June 2019: 10 years as a labor, employment and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr; 3 years as general counsel for Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates; and 23 years as the associate provost & legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University.
- Currently, Jim devotes his time to consulting, teaching and training.
Explore the implications of employee monitoring, discuss the boundaries of employee privacy, and protect your organization while protecting employee confidentiality.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org