Ethics in the Workplace: Creating a Culture of Trust & Transparency
The challenges and uncertainty facing organizations, leaders and employees today can sometimes lead to hasty and inappropriate decision-making. Engaging in unethical behavior not only poses legal risks, but also harms important relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
In this 60-minute, instructor-led event we will take a close look at the role employers play in ensuring ethical workplace behavior, how to create sustainable policies, plus foster a culture of respect and authenticity.
Join us as we discuss:
- Ethical concepts and their connection to organizational, individual and cultural value
- How to develop a code of conduct that reflects the culture of your organization
- Ways to integrate ethical principles into various business functions and roles
- How individual ethical practices and actions affect leadership roles
This program meets HRCI's Ethics requirement
Ethics in the Workplace
- “Ethics” defined and how it compares to laws and morals
- The role of ethic concepts & theories in day-to-day work
- Individual employee’s ethical obligations, plus contractors & third parties
Creating a Culture of Ethical Conduct
- Establishing & upholding an integrity-based set of organizational values
- The interplay of corporate social responsibility with ethics
- Liability and other considerations when developing codes of conduct
- Who should be involved in creating and updating ethics guidelines
The Role of Ethics in Decision-Making
- Approaches to decision making that reflects appropriate judgment
- Ethical considerations when facing true dilemmas
- Internal controls to assist in avoiding & mitigating unethical behavior
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness. She has delivered thousands of signature speeches and training sessions, both online and in person. She holds practical expertise on a variety of HR topics, such as DEIA (diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility), job design, recruiting, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and succession planning.
In this 60-minute program, you will learn how to develop effective ethics policies your employees understand and follow, and keys to ensuring employees appropriately represent your organization’s values.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org