Excel for Payroll Professionals: Increase Efficiency and Accuracy
How can you maximize your time, improve accuracy, and get payroll processed quicker?
Excel offers payroll professionals a variety of features and functions that are often underutilized but can improve the accuracy and efficiency of the payroll process.
With the right formulas and training, Excel will become the payroll department's new best friend.
In this comprehensive workshop, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, will lead you through:
- Easy-to-use formulas for employee timesheets
- Date and time formatting and stamping for more accurate recordkeeping
- Conditional formatting for company or industry specific requirements
- Password protection for sensitive payroll files
- Worksheets and pivot tables
- Salary information formatting
- Quick tools for data analysis
- And more!
- Dynamically format payroll information with conditional formatting
- Create instant payroll summaries with pivot tables
- Master the SUMPRODUCT function to verify payroll calculations
- Use NETWORKDAYS.INTL to calculate workdays in a given time period
- Compute due dates for semi-weekly federal payroll tax deposits with the CHOOSE and WEEKDAY functions
- Calculate a series of monthly dates with the IF and EOMONTH functions
- Improve the integrity of Excel pivot tables with the Table feature
- Add fields to a blank pivot table to create instant reports
- Redact portions of Social Security numbers by way of Excel’s TEXT worksheet function
- Discover four different ways to remove data from a pivot table report.
About the Speaker
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor. His Excel courses are based on 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees, that other users often don’t. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.
- David demonstrates each technique at least twice and highlights any differences between differing versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier). David also provides an Excel workbook for further study.
- He equips his audience to succeed with clear handouts and actionable examples.
Let Excel make your payroll process simplified and error free. Join us for 100 minutes and walk away ready to utilize all Excel has to offer.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!