Exempt Employees: Ensure Accurate Classification and Compensation
No sooner did the Department of Labor release its final overtime rule, then COVID-19 hit. Employers didn't have time to fully grasp the new standard salary requirements, such as how to handle bonuses and commissions in light of the changes. Now, many employers are left with questions on how to classify their exempt employees.
The responsibility to review and implement the most recent regulations falls on your company. And because this responsibility falls on you, it is even more critical that your team understands and applies the strict rules for paying employees that are classified as exempt. Join us for this 60-minute program, where you will discover:
- FLSA guidelines for classification of exempt employees
- The latest FLSA enforcement rules
- How bonuses, incentives, and commissions impact the salary threshold
Exempt vs. Nonexempt: Avoid Unnecessary Confusion
- Understand the exact meaning of exempt based on the new regulations – it’s not just salaried vs. hourly anymore
- How to properly use the job duties test for determining your employees’ status
Latest Regulations: Ensure Compliance for your Team
- FLSA guidelines for classification of hourly workers
- The categories of exempt employees under FLSA
- Where your state stands on exempt employees and pay
Straightforward Solutions for Your Payroll Problems
- How bonuses and the bonus rule impact pay rate
- Do's and don'ts of the highly compensated employee exemption
- When you can and when you cannot dock the pay of an exempt employee
- What to do when salaried is not synonymous with exempt
We understand that this is a complicated system, with huge potential pitfalls. We’ll answer:
- How do I know if an employee has been correctly classified?
- How can I make corrections if I misclassified an employee?
- What penalties apply if I made an error?
We’re sure you have more questions too, specifically applicable to your company or industry. This live webinar will give you the opportunity to ask questions directly in our Q&A session with our expert speaker, Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™.
About the Speaker
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training.
A pioneer in electronic and online education, Ms. Lambert produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups throughout the country. Ms. Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California where she is the instructor for the American Payroll Association’s “PayTrain” online program offered by Brandman University.
Join expert Vicki M. Lambert for this 60-minute webinar where you and your payroll team will learn to avoid serious compliance infractions from FLSA regulations that can be costly to any employer.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!