Fearless Firing: Reduce Legal Risks & Terminate with Confidence
Cases of wrongful termination are on the rise, and now that the EEOC has set additional protections for employees, it's more important than ever to remain compliant with the latest regulations.
In our 90-minute instructor-led program, we'll equip you with the knowledge to execute proper terminations, reduce legal exposure, and mount a legal defense in the event of a lawsuit.
Join us to discover the following, so you can confidently fire without fear - and not end up in legal hot water:
- Guidance to ensure your termination policies comply with the latest employment regulations
- Strategies to prevent wrongful termination allegations & ways to handle them effectively
- The EEOC's definitions & associated Acts for the various types of discrimination
- A complete overview of the new whistleblower protections for employees
- Documentation & recordkeeping practices all employers need to know
Creating Clear Policies & Guidelines for Terminating Employees
- Terminating employees with dignity, respect & within regulations
- Create a termination checklist to reduce risks when deciding to fire
- Develop a policy to assist managers when terminating employees
- Reducing risks of retribution from regulatory agencies & employees
Termination Training for Managers to Avoid Legal Risks
- EEOC regulations & guidelines employers & managers need to know
- Steps managers can take to reduce risks in handling employees
- How to document performance issues in preparation for termination
- Handling volatile terminations situations that can put employees at risk
Addressing Key Obstacles to a Worry-free Termination Process:
- Mitigate wrongful termination allegations before they happen
- Identify factors that can be obstacles to a worry-free termination process.
- Address retaliation regulations before terminating an employee
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific termination question answered
About the Speaker
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP
HR Compliance Solutions, LLC
Margie Faulk is a senior-level human resources professional with over 15 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and non-profit sectors. Margie has provided small to large businesses with risk management strategies that protect companies and reduces potential workplace fines and penalties for violation of employment regulations. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
Join our 90-minute, compliance-based program to ensure that you and your managers have a clear and effective termination process to create a strong legal defense in the event of lawsuits. Discover important requirements, employment laws, and best practices.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org