Finance Essentials for Non-Financial Managers: Tools for Better Decision-Making
While you want all your company's managers making decisions with the bottom line in mind, a shocking number of non-finance department managers can't tell a balance sheet from a P&L statement.
This makes your job even more challenging as you share and communicate the financial information managers need.
In this 90-minute workshop, we’ll equip your company’s non-finance managers with the finance essentials they need to know to push the business forward. After this training, they will be able to:
- Read company financial statements and analyze the significance of each in context to your business
- Use accounting principles to improve job performance in their team
- Apply a variety of tools, techniques, methods, ratios, and models to make better business decisions
De-coding financial statements for non-finance managers
- How financial transactions are transformed into 3 key financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement
- Clear distinction between the two main types of accounting and when to use each
- Instruction with interactive exercises to understand the entire accounting process
Showing managers how to analyze financial statements to make informed decisions
- Uncover your company’s story told by numbers in financial statements – and base decisions off it to get the ending you want
- The advantages and limitations of each financial statement analysis
- Concepts that give you a deeper understanding of your company’s financials so you can make better business decisions
Applying tools and techniques that inform profit and productivity
- Techniques you use in personal accounting that can be applied to business accounting
- Essential ratios that help you make key business decisions and how to calculate them from financial statements
About the Speaker
Carl Young - author, expert, former CFO, CEO, and Senior Financial Associate - has over 25 years of training experience in finance, accounting and business management.
Carl’s an engaging and entertaining speaker and trainer who draws from his experience as a former CFO to make relevant teaching points. Sessions are rich in content, lively, full of energy and include plenty of audience interaction. He has branded himself as Mr. Simplicity! His goal is to make finance and accounting relevant to non-financial professionals using tools and techniques that are simple to understand and apply.
Carl stays up to date on the latest issues by participating as a member in a variety of organizations: American Society of Corporate Controllers, Council of Experts (investment firm Gersen & Lehrman), Society of Industry Leaders (sponsored by Standard & Poors), and the National Association of Accountants.
This 90-minute training event is a must for non-financial professionals who are looking to simplify business finances, gain the essentials for stronger business acumen, and make better decisions that directly impact your company’s bottom line.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org