FLSA Compliance Update: Avoid Wage Nightmares & Penalties
In this compliance-based, 60-minute program you will learn guidelines to ensure compliance with the latest Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requirements.
You will also learn how to identify and properly pay compensable time, pay employees correctly and keys to avoiding costly audit fees, back wages and even possible criminal or civil charges. Join us to discover:
- How to determine if someone is an employee or independent contractor
- Requirements to classify an employee as exempt or non-exempt
- What time is compensable and how overtime pay is calculated
- How tipped employees should now be paid
- Keys to correctly handle less-common pay situations
FLSA Compliance Guidelines for Employers
- Employee or Independent Contractor? Specifications to classify workers
- Determining which of your employees may be exempt from overtime
- Calculating how much you have to pay exempt employees
- Which employee wage and hour documents need to be collected
- Recordkeeping requirements and best practices
- Wages and payments used in the overtime pay calculation
- Paying supplemental wages: bonuses, shift premiums, etc
Get answers to challenging questions such as:
- How much of an employee’s on-call time do I have to pay?
- When are tipped employees not eligible for the tip pay?
- Do I have to pay interns?
- Can employees volunteer for our company?
- How many hours a week can a 16-year-old work?
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific question answered!
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.). Tricia is a Payroll and Human Resource “nerd” who enjoys reading Internal Revenue Code.
- She is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through the American Payroll Association (APA), a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
- Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau for the American Payroll Association and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
In this 60-minute, instructor-led event you will learn what is required now to comply with the Fair Labor and Standards Act (FLSA), and keys to avoiding hefty fines for common wage and hour mistakes.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org