New Form I-9: Updates Employers Need to Know
The revised Form I-9 has been published and employers are required to know when it goes into effect, what’s changed, and how to comply.
In this 75-minute event, HR expert Tricia Richardson will provide a clear explanation of the changes, the impact on compliance requirements, plus important information regarding remote employees.
Join us to learn:
- Critical changes to wording on Form I-9
- When employers must begin using the new form
- How to now examine documents for remote workers
- Keys to properly using E-verify and the updated I-9
- Penalties for non-compliance with the revised Form I-9
Form I-9 Verification Changes, Requirements & Updates
- Keys dates pertaining to the revised Form I-9
- Wording and language changes you need to know
- Updated List of Acceptable Documents
- Changes to Form I-9 re-verification and rehire
- Requirements of each section of the Form I-9
Compliance Guidelines to Avoid Penalties
- Requirements of document examination for remote employees
- Understanding the role of E-verify and when to use it
- Interaction of E-Verify with the revised Form I-9
- Best practices to ensure compliance with
- Penalties associated with non-compliance
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.).
- She is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through PayrollOrg (formerly the American Payroll Association), a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
- At PayrollOrg, Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
- For the Susquehanna Valley Chapter of the American Payroll Association, Tricia has taught for both the Payroll and Human Resource Certification Study Groups and has served as both the Vice President and President of the Chapter.
- She also served on the Program Committee of the Human Resource Professionals of Central PA and is the Treasurer of a York County Pennsylvania Non-Profit Association.
In this information-packed, 75-minute program employers will learn how the latest changes impact Form I-9 verification, critical deadlines, plus guidelines to ensure compliance.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org