Form W-2 Updates: Ensure Accurate Filing
IRS has an updated Form W-2 for 2023 with key changes payroll professionals and employers need to know for timely and accurate filing.
This important program will provide the seasoned professional with information on new legislation that needs to be addressed. We’ll also assist those new to filing Form W-2 with a box-by-box look at what must be reported and how. Join us to discover:
- An in-depth look at the new W-2 reporting deadlines for 2023
- Updates and changes to Form W-2 electronic reporting requirements
- Legislation updates impacting the Form W-2
- Best practice to avoid costly year-end errors
- And much more!
This program will go through:
- Updated legislation impacting the new Form W-2
- W-2 requirements for 2022 reporting
- Form W-2 box by box review
- Understanding the Form W-2 codes
- Year-end and W-2 best practices to ensure compliance
- How to complete an audit of the Form W-2 before releasing to your employees
- Validating totals between the 941 and the W-3/W-2
We’ll also address key questions employers are asking such as:
- How do I avoid getting a notice from the IRS?
- When do I use codes in Box 12 and are they required?
- When do I have to correct a W02?
- What are the electronic filing requirements?
Question & Answer – Have your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.). Tricia is a Payroll and Human Resource “nerd” who enjoys reading Internal Revenue Code.
- She is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through the American Payroll Association (APA), a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
- Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau for the American Payroll Association and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
This 60-minute program will equip you with everything you need to know in order to accurately file the Form W-2 for 2023. We’ll answer your most pressing questions about year-end filing, walk you through rule changes, and review pertinent IRS updates.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org