Form W-4 Processing: Best Practices for Accurate Information & Withholding
Now that employees are starting to look at their personal income taxes, they may need to make changes or have questions about their Form W-4 – and will be turning to you for answers.
In this interactive, instructor-led 60-minute program you will learn what need to know to accurately complete the latest Form W-4, properly calculate tax withholding, avoid errors, and respond to employees’ pressing questions.
Join us as we cover:
- Review of the most recent Form W-4 and how it is used
- Employer instructions that you need to know from Publication 15-T
- How to determine the correct income tax withholding rates
- Keys to using the Form W-4 various tax tables
- And much more!
Keys to Ensure Accurate Form W-4 from Employees
- Review of the latest form W-4
- Methods for handling incomplete or improperly completed forms
- How often employees can – and should – submit a new form
- Which version of Form W-4 is required
Best Practices for Handling Form W-4
- Effective strategies for streamlining your processing procedures
- How to withhold federal taxes in the absence of a valid Form W-4
- The record retention requirements for Form W-4
- Tips on setting up an electronic system for Form W-4
- Tips and tools to share with employees
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific question answered
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.). Tricia is a Payroll and Human Resource “nerd” who enjoys reading Internal Revenue Code.
- She is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through PayrollOrg (formerly the American Payroll Association) a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
- Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau for PayrollOrg and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
Staying compliant with changing laws about tax withholding is tricky – but with a thorough understanding of the latest Form W-4 and what it means for you, you’ll be able to navigate these changes with confidence and ease.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org