From Draft to Defense: Building an HR Policy & Procedures Manual for Total Compliance
Understanding the distinction between an Employee Handbook and an HR Policy & Procedures Manual is paramount to ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations, laws, and statutes. Moreover, it serves as a robust defense against claims of discrimination, wrongful termination, and unemployment.
In our compliance-based, 60-minute event you will discover essential guidelines and best practices for creating a robust HR Policy & Procedures Manual for your organization.
- Employee Handbook vs. HR Policy & Procedures Manual: key differences
- What should be included in your Policy & Procedures Manual
- Identify who, beyond the HR team, should have access to the manual
- Proving compliance during audits, court cases, and unemployment claim appeals
- Optimal format for creating a comprehensive HR Policy & Procedures Manual
Crafting an Effective HR Policy & Procedures (P&P) Manual
- Learn which policies necessitate corresponding procedures
- Techniques to design a P&P manual for effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensuring managers and the C-Suite are aware of their procedural obligations
Best Practices to Ensure Compliance:
- How to format your P&P manual with step-by-step guidelines
- Significance of a P&P manual in demonstrating compliance with laws and regulations.
- Using the HR Policy & Procedures to prove compliance by your organization
Handling Communications, Updates, and Revisions
- Discover key differences between an employee handbook and an HR P&P manual
- Indicators signaling when your P&P manual requires updates or revisions
- Effectively communicating updates to managers, supervisors, and the C-Suite
Question & Answer Session – have your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Pamela Shull, CPP, SPHR gives you practical, real-world, effective guidance on a variety of accounting topics from payroll to overtime exemptions under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Pamela, both a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) and a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), has more than 50 years of experience as a director of human resources and payroll, controller, auditor, businesswoman, consultant, instructional designer, and trainer. She is a specialist in Canadian payroll, human resources and sales tax compliance.
- She has presented hundreds of seminars, workshops, and webinars to businesses in all major business sectors.
- Pamela is also the author of the recently released book "CP2100 Compliance Logbook.”
Join our information-rich program to create an HR Policy and Procedures Manual that not only ensures compliance but also demonstrates your organization's dedication to fairness and legality.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org