The HR Leaders’ Workshop for Gender Identity in the Workplace
While it’s crucial that we comply with the latest laws and legal requirements - it’s also vital that we treat our workers with dignity and respect and provide them with a safe work environment.
In this training, we’ll address how to proactively protect transgender, gender fluid, and non-binary individuals in your organization.
Join us to develop protocols that you can take to create a safe and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and everyone’s protected – employees and company alike.
In this 60-minute, interactive workshop, you’ll learn:
- Ways to foster and support gender inclusion in your workplace
- HR’s role and responsibilities in informing and training employees on gender identity issues – as well as what laws you need to comply
- Appropriate procedures throughout the talent management cycle to stay inclusive, from recruiting to hiring to succession planning
- How to stand out as an employer of choice to all populations
What you need to know about gender identity to ensure your company is inclusive
- Diversity and inclusion population statistics across the workforce
- Gender identity definition and categories
- Employer legal requirements and worker legal protections
- How to talk about gender identity generally, and when you’re addressing specific situations
- Ways to proactively incorporate gender identity considerations for the benefit of your business and your workers
Prioritize diversity and inclusion in a way that benefits your business and your employees
- Why and how employee treatment and experience matter to your business
- The negative impact of bias on workplace productivity and job satisfaction
- How both conscious and unconscious bias can cause unfair and irrational decisions
- How to create a safe and respectful culture that supports the physical, social and emotional needs of the workforce while meeting the company’s business needs
Get answers to all your questions about gender identity in the workplace
- What training can we provide for our employees about gender identity?
- Are there resources available to help educate our employees about gender identity?
- What information should HR communicate on the topic of gender identity, and what’s the best way to go about it?
- How can you invoke empathy when having conversations about gender identity?
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought out speaker for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to, talent management, business safety and continuity, and financial acuity. In 2020, she created and delivered more than 40 well-regarded presentations for numerous organizations around the world.
She is a resourceful, resilient, and relentless business professional with demonstrated success in building new programs, driving short-term efficiencies, and improving long-term effectiveness all through innovation, rigor, and courageous leadership. She has direct experience with a variety of industries, as well as in consulting, education, and not-for-profit organizations. With consistently high participant ratings, her webinars, seminars, and speaking engagements bring practical value to businesses of every size and type.
There is nothing more important than your employees’ safety, health, and wellbeing. This training will help you protect employees regardless of their gender identity or expression – so your workplace can be a safe and inclusive space for everyone.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org