Greater Relief for Employers Under New PPP Flexibility Act
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) has offered much needed relief to small business owners due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but the program provisions were set to expire on June 30th.
For businesses that met the June 30th application deadline, Congress has just passed the PPP Flexibility Act to provide them with greater flexibility and more time to maximize forgiveness of loans received under the Paycheck Protection Program. Employers now need to understand what’s covered under the new provisions as well as the new deadlines.
Join us for this must-attend event as we cover:
- Extension of the forgiveness period: Key dates you need to know
- Which expenses are forgivable and which you must pay back
- Extension of the Safe Harbor Period for loan forgiveness
- New submission deadlines to prove expenses were payroll related or under the overhead maximum
- Relief state and local governments are providing during this difficult year
What the PPP Flexibility Acts Means for Employers
- Specifics of the changes under the new PPP Flexibility Act
- New deadlines and forgiveness requirements
- Key modifications made to the Paycheck Protection Program
- Discrepancies in the act businesses owners should understand
Relief Programs and Guidance for Small Businesses and Employees
- Original and revised provisions of the PPP act
- Understanding the CARES and FFCRA acts
- Most importantly, you can help keep your business alive.
- Actions to take: Updates to Employer related COVID-19 matters
- Addressing safe workspaces, work from home and other requirements
- Other financial relief resources available
About the Speaker
Pamela Fagan is president of Audit Business Services, Inc. She is a management consultant and compliance auditor to government, business, and associations with global perspective. She has fifty years of experience in human resources, payroll, management, accounting and finance. She has been an Executive Vice-President for a manufacturing plant; director of accounting and personnel, and CEO for a nationwide rental company, business manager for a non-profit opera company; and currently is the operations director for a Native American non-profit organization.
- Pamela has been a trainer/presenter for multiple training companies for the last 27 years. Her topics have included accounting, payroll, human resources, communication and time management, safety, computer courses and administrative/management classes. She is a specialist in all 50 states and Canada employment, labor and tax laws.
- She is a member of Society for Human Resource Management, and a member of the American Payroll Association. She has her SPHR certification with SHRM, CPP (certified payroll professional) certification with American Payroll Association, TFOC (tribal finance officers certification) with Native American Finance Officers Association, and her THRC (tribal human resources certification).
The PPP provided small businesses with must needed relief in order to stay afloat, and the new PPP Flexibility Act extends what employers can do with the funds. In this 60-minute event you’ll learn exactly what’s covered under the new provisions and what qualifies for loan forgiveness now.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!