Handling Leadership Roadblocks: When Everyone Wants to Do it Their Own Way
SummaryAnyone in a leadership role has encountered roadblocks, but not everyone is equipped to navigate them successfully. Your employees look to you for guidance, but what can you do when they push back or resist change – making it harder to handle tough issues?
Finding the best solution is half the battle, you also need to get your team on-board and engaged to tackle the problem. However, employees often believe their way is the best way. We’re here to help. Join our dynamic 60-minute event to learn how you can tackle the biggest roadblocks with the full support of your team. You’ll learn:
- Surprising ways you can use limitations and constraints to drive productivity
- Keys to leveraging different work styles to build better collaboration
- The impact of professional, cultural, gender and age differences on creating roadblocks
- How managers can navigate the challenges to overcome any hurdle
- Effective techniques to get employees that resist change onboard
Managers’ Top Tools for Tackling Tough Roadblocks
- Powerful communication tools essential in preventing roadblocks
- Identifying the work style differences of your team members
- Using employees’ differences to create better collaboration
Understanding the Root of Roadblocks for Lasting Solutions
- Recognizing possible professional, cultural, gender and age divides
- Finding the who, what or why behind the problem
- Understanding the positive power of constraints & limitations
Leading the Charge: Helping Your Team with Problem-solving
- Establish the belief that you CAN pass through roadblocks
- Examine past actions to determine if there is a better way
- Why you should encourage “what if” thinking in your team
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Kerry Chaffin’s nearly 30-year professional career is similar to the textiles she studied at Kansas State University. From her work with complex organizations ranging from the Disney Store to the City of Los Angeles to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Chaffin has created a one-of-a-kind fabric, an intertwining of experiences and knowledge she now brings to her audiences.
- After a stint in high-end retail revealed to her that the clothing industry wasn’t for her, Chaffin solved her next-step dilemma by following her natural curiosity into the corporate world. She learned business from the ground floor up at the Disney Store, while helping open the Overland Park, KS, store and then working for them while she earned an MBA from the University of Kansas (MBA ’93).
- In 1993 Chaffin entered the corporate training world, where her desire to bring solutions to businesses and other organizations had room to fully develop. “My true passion is working with clients to analyze and identify their needs and to find workable solutions to solve skill gaps. I get most excited when I can help design a unique solution to meet a very specific problem.”
- Chaffin’s training expertise and interest have no boundaries. She has designed training around technical and specialized needs, as well as soft skills such as business writing and customer service. One of her favorite custom projects was working with the University of Notre Dame to enhance customer service skills across the vast campus and employee population.
This 60-minute program will give managers the tools to see beyond the problem (aka roadblock) and find a better way to get to lead their team to a solution. You’ll gain tips on spotting key causes of roadblocks, and how to find a path around them.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org