Hiring Mistakes: How to Avoid Costly Legal Nightmares
From writing job postings to onboarding, there are many steps along the hiring process that are vulnerable to mistakes. Unfortunately, even a simple mistake or oversight can lead to costly penalties or litigation.
In this 90-minute, instructor-led event, HR expert Margie Faulk will show you ways you can improve your hiring practices to avoid errors and reduce legal risks. Join us to discover how to:
- Create clear – and legal – hiring and onboarding processes
- Properly and efficiently maintain personnel documents
- Collect accurate and timely information from employees
- Stay abreast of HR compliance requirements and regulations
- Spot and fix legal red flags before they become a problem
Hiring & Onboarding Best Practices to Avoid Costly Mistakes
- Do’s and don’ts for background screening new hires
- Decrease risk of litigation & EEOC charges: interview pitfalls to avoid
- How to collect the right pieces of information for the right forms the first time
- Properly notifying employees of steps in the onboarding process
Documentation Essentials for New & Existing Employees
- Keys to writing legal job postings based on state-specific requirements
- Navigating complex language & requirements in state-specific new hire notifications
- Develop compliant, detailed notification documents to make onboarding easier
- Retaining all necessary records on employees as required by law
Refining HR Processes to Ensure Efficiency, Accuracy & Compliance
- Tips to create a master list of essential documents to keep for easy access and updates
- Establish a process for implementing new requirements as they’re released
- Identify potential legal errors in HR processes before they become a problem
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP
HR Compliance Solutions, LLC
Margie Faulk is a senior-level human resources professional with over 15 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and non-profit sectors. Margie has provided small to large businesses with risk management strategies that protect companies and reduces potential workplace fines and penalties for violation of employment regulations. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
In this 90-minute, instructor-led program you will learn specific practices to keep your organization compliant in all stages of the hiring process.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org