Hit the Ground Running with New Hires: Onboarding in Person and Remotely
When you have a new hire, you want them to be able to hit the ground running. But it doesn’t simply happen overnight ...
That’s why onboarding is crucial to the success of your new hires – and ultimately your productivity and company's bottom line.
And now with most organizations working from home, there’s even more pressure for great onboarding to transition new hires into full-functioning contributory employees.
In this 60-minute workshop, we’ll discuss key methods to motivate, manage, and train new employees both in-person and virtually.
Join us to learn:
- Why there isn’t a “one size fits all” onboarding approach
- How onboarding has changed for today’s workforce
- The key steps in an effective onboarding process
- How to ensure employees who aren’t a fit, aren’t retained
- Why retention starts with great onboarding
Preparing for Day 1 – The in’s and out’s of onboarding that gets quick (but lasting) results:
- Help establish the right expectations the first time
- Engage new hires immediately
- Build passion and commitment quickly
- Use feedback and coaching effectively
- Retain new talent rather than detain existing employees for longevity
- Foster a community amongst new employees
- Know when it’s not working: Firing a new employee
Get answers to tough questions, including:
- What at the bare minimum, do I need to ensure happens during virtual onboarding?
- How can I onboard quickly while still making the employee feel comfortable?
- How can I help new hires get involved with the team quickly and more often?
- What’s the secret to onboard in a way that helps me to retain employees for longer?
About the Speaker
Shawn Casemore works with entrepreneurs and business leaders to help them grow their business by empowering their customers and engaging their employees.
This online workshop will help you draft an onboarding plan that works whether you’re six feet apart or miles away and communicating through a webcam.
You’ll walk away with a clear, effective onboarding program for your future employees and actionable ways to engage and retain the best employees from their first day of work with your company!
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org