HR 101 for Managers & Supervisors
Most managers have some familiarity with terms such as ADA, FMLA and harassment – but it’s what they don’t know that can become a legal liability for your organization.
In our 90-minute, instructor-led program, managers will learn and understand key employment laws, practices, and regulations so they can treat employees consistently, fairly and within compliance.
Managers and supervisors will discover:
- Federal & state laws that impact an organization’s policies & practices
- Why developing solid documentation is important for both employer & employees
- Their role in complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- What constitutes as discrimination & harassment, plus red flags
- Updates on Form I-9 & how to handle this crucial document
- What workers' compensation is all about & why it matters
- Bonus: Personal Improvement Plan Guide for Managers
Here’s just some of what we will cover:
- Precedence of federal, state & case laws in company policies
- The fundamentals of the employer-employee relationship
- Definitions of Disparate Impact & Disparate Treatment
- Preventing discrimination & EEOC claims
- Immigration regulations & the Form I-9 process
- Understanding the Employment at Will doctrine
- Workers' Compensation coverages
- Keys to avoiding retaliation claims
- How to document disciplinary actions
- Complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Adhering to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) & avoiding personal liability
- And more!
About the Speaker
Max Muller has more than 50 years of business experience as an attorney, businessman and professional trainer.
In 1990, drawing on his diverse background, he began a consulting practice focusing on providing practical solutions in the areas of workplace legalities, e.g., equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, ADEA, etc.; safety and health regulatory compliance (OSHA); facilities management; and, warehousing/inventory control.
He has authored several books including the best selling "The Manager's Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know, Second Edition" AMACOM Books (now HarperCollins Leadership) and SHRM, New York City, August 2013.
In this 90-minute event, managers and supervisors will learn the principles of key Federal and State laws to head off employee relations problems and legal challenges. This knowledge will increase their confidence as leaders, and significantly lessen the risk of lawsuits.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org