Improving Business Operations, Safety & Productivity
Improving business operations does more than save time and reduce costs, it also enables employers to make changes that create a safer and more secure workplace.
When you take steps toward improving business processes and workplace safety, you create a more efficient environment, plus build stronger trust with employees and stakeholders.
Join our instructor-led, 60-minute event to learn:
- What "operational safety excellence" refers to and the associated best practices
- Where you can cut waste without increasing errors, or impairing people and processes
- Way to optimize workflows and limit start/stop interruptions that slow your team down
- The link between operational tactics, employee morale, and safety risks
Operational Safety Excellence & Its Benefits
- Operational safety excellence characteristics and key benefits
- Ways HR and safety leaders can work with operational managers to improve conditions and results
- Effective means to introduce or strengthen SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- How technology can identify opportunities for improvement and safeguard your business
Assessing the Risks & Making Improvements
- Guidelines to conduct an operational review including risk assessment
- Guarding against key risks: tactical job safety, environmental, industrial-hygiene and more
- Best practices in risk management and day-to-day operations
Changing the Mindset on Safety & Processes
- Ways to promote a safety mindset in both on-site and virtual environments
- Ideas to motivate workers to care about more continuous improvement
- Considerations when selecting and working with outside vendors
Question and Answer Session - You have the opportunity to have your questions and unique challenges addressed during the dedicated Q&A session!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Expert Business Strategist and Plan B Consultant
Michelle Coussens is a corporate strategist and professional speaker with in-depth knowledge of a variety of professional subjects. She is very skilled in demonstrating the application of business strategy, operational efficiency, and personnel management in a variety of professional industries.
Her workshops provide attendees with relevant, actionable information they can utilize to achieve the results they desire. She teaches working professionals how to improve their work practices, enhance their productivity, and harness the power of courageous leadership.
Her experience spans a number of professional industries and participants who attend her workshops develop practical skills they can use to foster measurable changes at work. She strives to provide effective, engaging content at each event she leads.
In this 60-minute program, you will learn how to evaluate current business operations, and identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency and workplace safety. Discover how to get your entire team involved in adopting operational safety excellence for widespread, long-term success.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.