In-House or Outsource? Determine the Right Payroll Process for Your Company
Unprecedented times are causing companies to reconsider how they get paychecks out the door.
The news changes every day and business decisions shift accordingly. On one hand, frequent changes might make in-house payroll seem preferable.
On the other, outsourcing payroll eliminates the constant worry over your payroll process - like do you have the bandwidth to pay employees on time and keep up with changes to things like paid leave.
This has been an ongoing debate for companies all over, but in this workshop, you’re going to find out what’s the smartest and most cost-effective decision for your company.
We’ll take you through detailed steps to make an informed decision that will save you money in the long run:
Keys factors to consider in making your decision
- Cost-benefit analysis for keeping it in-house vs. outsourcing
- 7 essential questions that will give you determining answers for your decision
- Minimum qualifications/competencies for whoever you choose to do your payroll
- How company growth should factor into your decision
- The impact of your decision on employee pay satisfaction
- Determine what your workload is now and what it will be with each option
The pitfalls of each option coupled with ways to combat potential problems
- How to mitigate payroll fraud whether you outsource or keep in-house
- Potential problems that come with outsourcing – and how to put flags in place to quickly spot any issues
- Potential problems that come with in-house payroll – and what you can put in place now to avoid audits later
About the Speaker
Mark Schwartz has over 15 years of experience in state and federal payroll tax audits, collection, and payroll consulting.
As an auditor, Mark prided himself on his ability to educate his auditees on state and federal payroll tax requirements. Whatever issues he found in audits, he ensured the auditee knew how to comply in the future. He worked to minimize company disruptions in the audit process.
In addition to his real-life experiences, Mark has a Master's in Business Administration, and currently uses his entertaining and helpful personality to help organizations prepare for payroll tax audits – whether they’ve already got the notice or are still hoping they don’t.
Join us for this 75-minute workshop that will finally settle an important decision for your company: Should you keep payroll in-house or outsource?
We’ll take you through cost-benefit analysis for each option so you can determine the best long-term decision for you.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org