Infectious Diseases in the Workplace: OSHA Requirements to Protect Employees
Infectious diseases continue to threaten the safety and health of employees even in the wake of COVID and the Monkeypox threat. OSHA has standards in place to protect workers from these hazards and expects employers to comply!
Join us to learn what the standards mean for employers and their liability, and how you can best protect your workers. In this 60-minute program you’ll learn:
- The most common diseases putting employees at risk today – you may be surprised!
- OSHA requirements for guarding against infectious diseases in the workplace
- What you need to know about diseases & how they're transmitted
- How employers can protect employees, reduce health hazards & OSHA enforcement risks
- Key issues impacting employers using temporary workers & independent contractors
OSHA's Latest Requirements for Protecting Against Infectious Diseases
- Which diseases pose the greatest threat to employees
- Guidelines for disease control & prevention requirements
- OSHA standards covering exposure to infectious diseases
- The latest on OSHA’s Infectious Disease rulemaking
Disease Prevention & Control Best Practices for Employers
- Keys to identifying infectious diseases & how they're transmitted
- Specific infection control guidelines for your workplace
- Training requirements for giving medical aid & treatment
- Reporting & recordkeeping requirements
Employer Responsibility for Employee Protection You Need to Know
- Protection given to infected employees against discipline & retaliation
- Understanding workers' rights & employers' liability
- Whistleblower protections for employees
Question & Answer Session - Have your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Adele L. Abrams, Esq., ASP, CSMP is a nationally recognized authority on Occupational Safety and Health law. She represents employers in OSHA and MSHA litigation, instructs on employment law, and provides training and safety consultation.
- Ms. Abrams is a frequent author on safety, health and legal compliance issues, including co-authoring several books such as the widely reviewed "Construction Safety Management and Engineering" and the “Safety Professional’s Handbook.”
- Ms. Abrams is a regular presenter at prestigious safety conferences like the National Safety Council’s annual Congress and conferences of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP), where she specializes in providing real-world solutions to real-world problems.
With infectious diseases on the rise, the risk of exposure to transmissible diseases continues to be at an all-time high. In this 60-minute program you will learn what OSHA requires from employers, and steps you can take to protect workers.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.