Inflation Reduction Act Implications for Employers
The newly passed Inflation Reduction Act’s (IRA) Health Care provisions impacts employers offering employee benefits - and there are some unexpected surprises.
Join our information-packed, 60-minute event to learn specifically how the act will impact your organization, and what employers need to do now to prepare. You'll discover:
- What the IRA’s health care provisions authorize and require
- Impact on employers providing health care and prescription drug benefits
- What affected employers should be doing right now to get ready
- How increased funding for the IRS is expected to impact employers
Inside Look at the Inflation Reduction Act’s (IRA) Health Care Provisions
- Overview of the Inflation Reduction Act and the Health Care provision
- Detailed look at specific provisions and how they impact employers
- Whether Big Pharma is subject to the federal government’s bargaining power
- How the IRS is likely to use the transfusion of new funding
Impact of the IRA – and How Employers Can Prepare Now
- What the IRA will do to the cost of private sector prescription drug plans
- Steps employers offering prescription drug plans should take now
- How your company can ensure compliance with ACA coverage requirements
- What the IRA’s extension of the ACA subsidies means for employers
- Will more pension plan audits be a part of the revitalized IRS’s agenda?
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Dr. Jim Castagnera holds an M.A. in Journalism from Kent State University, and a J.D. and Ph.D. (American Studies) from Case Western Reserve University. He worked 10 years as a labor, employment, and intellectual-property attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr and 23 years as associate provost & legal counsel for academic affairs at Rider University, where in 2018 he received the university’s highest annual award for distinguished service. He also did stints as a full-time law professor at UT-Austin and Widener University Law School.
Having retired from Rider in 2019, he is engaged in a portfolio of activities: President of Dr. Jim’s One-Stop HR Shop, a full-service HR law and compliance company; Partner with Portum Group International LLC, a data-privacy & compliance-consulting firm; Of Counsel to WIBC Law; an Adjunct Professor of Law in the Kline School of Law at Drexel University, and an arbitrator for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
In this instructor-led, 60-minute event employers will learn how the Inflation Reduction Act’s Health Care provisions will impact benefit costs, new compliance requirements, keys to audit-proof employee pension plans, and steps to prepare now for the changes.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org