Internal Controls: What Every Leader Needs to Know
In our interactive instructor-led 60-minute event, you will learn how to establish sound policies and procedures that will help your team achieve desired outcomes, in addition to safeguarding the integrity of operations.
Join us, to discover the following and more:
- Various types of internal controls to consider & their importance
- Process & procedural best practices to achieve intended results
- Strategies for deterring fraud & other unethical behaviors
- Ways to keep assets secure in a hybrid environment
- How to conduct a Management Control Review
What “Internal Controls” Means & Why They Matter
- Standard policies, procedures & protocols all business types should adopt
- How they align with corporate strategies & regulatory requirements
- Best practices, guidelines & additional resources
- Tools to effectively execute your obligations
Your Responsibilities & Obligations as a Leader
- Keys to understanding the types & categories of risks you are responsible for managing
- Ways to heighten awareness & educate others on the importance of internal controls
- Methods for monitoring & evaluating the effectiveness of your internal controls
- Tactics for identifying inefficient processes & making lasting improvements
Key Compliance Considerations: Protect Your Team & Organization
- Strategies for detecting, plus preventing risk & fraud
- Ways to ensure compliance with laws, regulations & industry standards
- Solutions for satisfying your compliance department without creating excessive burden(s)
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
- Michelle is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness.
- She holds practical expertise on a variety of business management topics, such as compliance, prioritization, organization, communication, accountability, giving feedback, and motivation, just to name a few.
- She has delivered thousands of signature speeches and training sessions, both online and in person.
In our 60-minute program, you’ll gain step-by-step guidance for implementing effective internal controls within your processes. We’ll also provide solutions for educating others on their importance and how they impact your organization.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org