Interviewing Dos & Don'ts: What to Ask, What to Avoid
In this 60-minute event, you’ll learn how to get the most out of your interview time with each candidate by asking the right questions.
Discover techniques to ensure you’re hiring the right fit for the job, while also adhering to employment laws. Join us as we discuss:
- How to avoid inappropriate and illegal questions
- Tailoring interview questions to specific hiring situations
- Ways to phrase questions to encourage honest, open-ended responses
- Innovative ways you can get candidates to demonstrate their skills
- Training tips to ensure the interviewer is calm and prepared
- BONUS: All registrants will receive a free guide
- “7 Interview Questions You Need to Be Asking”
Getting the Information You Need from Candidates
- Developing questions that elicit the information you need
- Clever ways to assess the candidate’s skills, attitude, and commitment
- How to get candidates to demonstrate skills rather than describe them
- Examples of what to ask candidates – and what to avoid
- Questions to assess the top traits employers want from employees
Mastering the Interview Process
- The interview plan: stop winging it and start preparing
- Putting the applicant at ease so you can get better information
- The interview process: why the less you talk, the better
- Keys to picking up on behavioral red flags
- Tips for staying in control of the interview so you don’t lose focus
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness. She has delivered thousands of signature speeches and training sessions, both online and in person. She holds practical expertise on a variety of HR topics, such as job design, recruiting, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and succession planning.
In this engaging, 60-minute event you will learn how to make the most of interviews to attract and hire the best people for your organization’s current and future needs by asking carefully crafted questions.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org