IRS & DOL Audits in 2021: Spot Red Flags Before the Agencies Do
While most of us think of the IRS when we think audits, they’re not the only ones you need to watch out for. In fact, the IRS and the DOL are working together with their counterparts in almost every state to conduct audits.
Your payroll and accounting departments are common targets, and with the end of the self-reporting PAID (Payroll Audit Independent Determination) program, companies are more likely to face scrutinizing audits this year.
This training will teach you exactly how to conduct your own internal audit so you can uncover and correct any compliance issues internally - before they cost you.
You’ll walk away from this in-depth session knowing:
- Step-by-step instructions for conducting your own internal payroll audit to identify red flags
- Updated best practices for payroll departments that can help your organization avoid audits
- How wage and hour law audits are being conducted on the federal and state level
- The do’s and don’ts of preparing for an external audit
Conduct your own internal audit to ensure total compliance
- Sample checklists to get you started on your own internal audit
- How to audit for internal fraud
- Steps you need to take if a compliance issue arises from your internal audit
What to do if you’re targeted for an audit
- How to determine what is - and what isn’t - an IRS notice
- Step-by-step instructions on how to respond to an IRS or DOL notice
- Do’s and don’ts of corresponding with the IRS, DOL, or any government agency
Best practices you can maintain to ensure compliance in the long run
- Payroll mistakes that are likely to trigger an audit
- How often you should be conducting internal audits
- How to stay up-to-date with changing regulations
About the Speaker
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training.A pioneer in electronic and online education, Ms. Lambert produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups throughout the country. Ms. Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California where she is the instructor for the American Payroll Association’s “PayTrain” online program offered by Brandman University.
Audits can result in significant penalties. This training will teach you how to conduct a thorough internal audit so you can spot non-compliance before a government agency spots it for you. Plus, you’ll learn exactly what to do if you are targeted for an audit – so you can make your experience less painful.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!