Job Safety Analysis: Identifying & Preventing Workplace Risks
Job Safety or Job Hazard Analysis (JSA/JHA) is a critical tool to identify and prevent potential risks in the workplace. Work-related injuries and illness are sometimes unavoidable, but you can take effective precautions against serious and deadly incidents while also making employees stakeholders in job safety. How can you put a rock solid JSA program in place to reduce and mitigate risks while complying with federal and state laws? Join our informative, 60-minute event to discover:
- How to conduct Job Safety Analysis: Keys to identifying risks
- Step-by-step breakdown of core concepts & key metrics you need to use
- Proven strategies to get employees invested in JSA & their own job safety
- Identifying specific hazards on the job using accident types
- Solutions to job hazards: How to select the right option for each risk
Core Components of Conducting an Effective Job Safety Analysis
- The 4 core steps of JSA you need to know & comprehend to be effective
- Keys to deconstructing a job into individual components to be analyzed
- Defining & using the 11 basic accident types to identify specific hazards
The Specific Tools, Techniques & Metrics You Need to Use for JSA Success
- How to create a JSA matrix: Using data to identify hazards & solutions
- Using metrics to determine the jobs with the highest hazard risks
- Combining your data & research to select what job hazards to address first
Engaging Employees in Their Own Safety: Using JSA to Foster a Safety Culture
- Getting employees to understand the hazards present in their specific roles
- Recognizing the human-created issues in creating a safe workplace
- Selecting the most effective solutions for hazard prevention or mitigation
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Max Muller has more than 39 years of business experience as an attorney, businessman and professional trainer. In 1990, drawing on his diverse background, he began a consulting practice focusing on providing practical solutions in the areas of workplace legalities, e.g., equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, ADEA, etc.; safety and health regulatory compliance (OSHA); facilities management; and, warehousing/ inventory control.
- He authored several books like "The Manager's Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know, Second Edition" AMACOM Books and SHRM, New York City, August 2013.
- He has presented more than 3,000 seminars, webinars and pod-casts all over the world attended or listened to by more than 100,000 people.
In this dynamic event, you'll get expert guidance and step-by-step instructions on conducing Job Safety Analysis to reduce risks, get employees engaged in their safety, and fulfill a primary duty as an employer.