Keep Your Year-end Payroll on Track and IRS Compliant
It’s that time of year - time to go through your end-of-year payroll checklist and make sure you’re prepared.
We’ve got the checklist and we’re here to help.
With changes to employee withholding rates, rapidly approaching filing dates and increased penalties from the IRS for late or incorrect submittals – you’ll need to be proactive to file accurately and on time.
This workshop will prepare you to verify your 2019 payroll tax rate and wage limits, plus audit the numbers. In addition, our expert will cover minimum salary requirements for overtime exemptions, how to reconcile returns or ledgers and what to expect for 2020.
Your payroll year-end checklist doesn’t finish when the year does. Be ready for tasks that carry over into the new year, plus:
- Know what steps to take to meet tax filing and reporting requirements
- Ensure your using the correct, most up-to-date forms and guidelines
- Prepare for 2020 payroll processing changes
- Avoid submitting inaccurate or incomplete forms that could cost your company hundreds (or thousands) of dollars in fines
- A payroll year-end checklist so you can track your progress
Be prepared for updates from the IRS and other agencies as you head into 2020
- Learn the major points of the DOL’s new overtime regulations
- Prepare for new FICA wage limits and minimum wage updates
- Know the tax rates, wage limits and how to reconcile 2020 payroll returns and ledgers
Dot all the I's and cross all the T’s as you close out 2019 payroll
- Ensure your year-end process is smooth, compliant and ends on a high note
- Avoid incorrect or tardy filings and check for errors in your process
- Be sure your year-end imputed income amounts are correct and withholding is compliant
Know which forms to use, who needs them and when they need them by
- Order W-2's and W-3's: Make sure your employees have them on time
- Get all the information you need from your employees in time to avoid penalties
- Stay in compliance with the latest (and upcoming) processing requirements
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Mark Schwartz is an employment tax specialist and has more than 15 years of employment tax experience as an independent consultant and as a payroll tax auditor in the state of California. He has managed audit caseloads of 20+ ongoing audits and is an expert at defining regulatory and statutory requirements from local, state and federal government agencies; and helping finance professionals understand what they need to do to meet them.
- Mark provides consulting services encompassing payroll processing and payroll tax issues; these include payroll tax minimization, payroll tax compliance reviews, independent contractor studies, use of electronic transfers, deductions, and benefits
- He has represented both clients and the state in front of the State Appeals Board; he understands the complexities of local wage laws, unemployment and disability claims, and other wage and benefit issues affecting your employees
Don’t wait till the last minute to process your year-end payroll. With the IRS ready to hand out fines for even the smallest mistake or deadline-miss, you need to be prepared. This workshop will give you all the tools and information you need to end 2019 in compliance and get 2020 started on the right foot.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org