Leading the Reluctant: How to Deal with Difficult People and Create Positive Momentum
Change creates discomfort and tension. Imagine what it would be like if you could encourage and equip everyone on your team to embrace change as a positive process. How you intentionally relate to and communicate with others has a profound influence on your ability to build rapport, inspire collaboration, enhance positive camaraderie, resolve misunderstandings, and lead people while managing change.
Find out the real reasons behind angry and reluctant people to understand why they are acting out, and how to turn the situation into a win for you.
Get to the root of the problem when you face reluctance
- Improve listening skills - Understand why people get upset
- Clarify expectations and communicate for understanding
- How to influence others’ thoughts, feelings, and opinions without “attacking”
Keys to getting employees to be open to change
- Create acceptable boundaries
- Build trust in the midst of resistance
- Turn negative thinking around with leadership principles
Realistic and practical approach to employee buy-in
- What to do in the face of the most common challenge of leadership
- How to influence people during times of difficulty and change
- Develop a reasonable approach to compromise
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Steven Iwersen, Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), is a Relational Leadership Expert, entrepreneur, and effective communicator. He has been in leadership roles (both business and non-profit associations) for more than 30 years. He is the owner of Aurora Pointe, LLC - a leadership development training company.
- Steven is a Professional Member of the National Speakers Association.
- He is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) – a recognition earned by only about 900 speakers worldwide. He was the “voice” of the association in 2015-16 when he was the Co-Host for Voices of Experience (VOE) the NSA’s audio & video magazine.
- Steven served as the Chairperson of the National Chapter Leadership Committee in 2013. During that time he was presented the Presidential Award of Distinguished Service.
- Author of The Porcupine Principles: How to Move Prickly People to Preferred Outcomes
After this 60-minute webinar, you will be able to handle conflict in practical ways that improve your professional and personal relationships. You will be able to get to the root cause of why your employees are acting out, and how to get your employees on board with new and changing plans.