Making the Move to Manager: Essential Skills for New Leaders
Making the transition from team member to team leader is a challenge for any first-time supervisor or manager. The skills that made you a great employee aren’t necessarily the same skills that will make you an effective leader.
You now have to coach, direct and give guidance to people that were your peers or even your friends. This means setting clear expectations and holding your team accountable, while also building trust and open lines of communication.
This can’t-miss, 60-minute program will help you develop the skills you need to manage people, organize a productive team, and deliver results. Join us, to ensure the transition to your new role is smooth and successful! You’ll discover the following:
- Guidelines for making the transition from friend to boss
- How to effectively communicate with your new team
- Successful coaching techniques for new managers
- Delegating the right way to avoid burn out and create accountability
- Getting your team’s buy-in and support for your initiatives
Tackling the Challenges of a New Manager
- From peer to boss – how to make the transition
- Best practices for communicating with your team
- Tips for delegating to avoid getting overwhelmed
- Ensuring your team is productive and stays on track
- Ways to gain your team’s buy-in and support
Effective Leadership Skills of Successful Managers
- How to effectively use coaching to support your team
- Coaching versus mentoring – and when to use each approach
- Keys to keeping your team motivated and inspired to do more
- What ‘lead by example’ really means and how to do it
- Creating your own leadership style and legacy
About the Speaker
Shawn Casemore is the president of Casemore and Company - where he works with leaders who want to increase their influence in the workplace:
- For nearly 20 years, Shawn Casemore has been helping organizations improve their operational performance.
- Some of his delighted clients include Magna International, Arvin Meritor, Bellwyck Packaging Solutions, and Bruce Power
- Shawn is a highly sought after national speaker and writer. His articles have been published in both print and online in several industry publications including "Globe and Mail", "CFO Magazine" and the "Association of Manufacturing"
This 60-minute event will give new supervisors and managers the skills and understanding needed to successfully navigate the transition from front-line worker to impactful leader.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org