Identify, Evaluate, and Control Machine Hazards in Your Workplace
Each year, there are about 18,000 injuries and more than 800 deaths amongst workers who operate machinery.
So it comes as no surprise that machinery and machine guarding violations are in the top 10 most frequent OSHA citations.
Hazards exist in every workplace. Which ones pose the most harm to your workers?
Join us for this 75-minute workshop to identify the machine hazards in your workplace, plus assess their risk and work to eliminate these dangers at your site.
Identifying Hazards and Conducting Risk Assessments
- Evaluate common machine hazards and dangerous points of operations - and guards that you can use for protection
- Clear-cut, task-based risk assessment that scores and prioritizes risks for you - plus keeps you compliant with U.S. standards ANSI B11.0, ANSI Z244.1, ANSI B11.19, ANSI B155.1, ANSI / RIA R15.06, NFPA 79
- The most efficient way to get through risk assessment paperwork that isn’t overly complicated
Key steps that take you from risk reduction to risk elimination
- How to easily apply the hierarchy of controls framework to any situation – and successfully work your way towards completely eliminating hazards
- Processes that engage employees to drive continuous improvement and sustain a safer work environment
When Lockout Tagout procedures are necessary:
- Determine when lockout tagout (LOTO) is required for your equipment
- Simplify your LOTO policies and procedures to ensure you are always compliant with the OSHA standard
About the Speaker
Jonathan Shaffer, CSP - Optimation Technology, Inc
Jonathan Shaffer is the Corporate Safety Engineer for Optimation Technology, Inc, where they support process automation and integration, machine design and fabrications, industrial construction, and industrial maintenance.
Before Optimation, he was the Safety Engineer and Emergency Response Organization Safety Officer in the nuclear power and shipyard industry with the Naval Nuclear Laboratory.
With hands-on experience of the very machines you may be using in your organization, Jonathan will provide you the single most effective, and safest machine guarding training workshop.
Join us for this workshop to uncover blind spots in your current hazard and risk assessment and learn red flags to identify where you may be at risk of non-compliance with federal regulations when it comes to machinery and equipment in the workplace.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.