Managing During Change in the Workplace: Cultivate an Agile Workforce
The most recent disruption to our personal and professional lives is no doubt a big one. Something we’ve never experienced before.
But the fact is - disruption and change happen. Whether it’s due to crisis, conflict, industry shifts, or major technological advancements. It’s essential to your organization’s survival to be prepared for these disruptions and make sure at the core, your organization is strong and nimble. If your team can’t adapt in times of change, they’re left feeling fearful and uncertain – which takes a big toll on engagement, productivity and morale.
In this 60-minute workshop, you’ll learn how to use strategic incremental sprints and micro goals to develop adaptable employees. You’ll also get techniques to help your team ditch fear-based beliefs on change, adjust to evolving responsibilities, and better manage stress.
Join us to learn:
- How to identify and rid your workplace of fear-based thinking
- Steps to map and realign roles and responsibilities in real time
- Tools to assess organizational health and status in line with evolving internal and external changes
- Tips to optimize momentum while avoiding excessive stress
How you can build a flexible workforce:
- Identify traits of adaptable workers in your recruiting and hiring processes
- Guide an employee’s curiosity toward innovative productivity
- Shift from “that’s how we’ve always done it” to “that’s how we could do it better”
- Drive continuous improvement by quickly responding to changing trends, innovation, destabilization, and industry shifts
- Press your team to think critically about ways to streamline operations and processes
Debunk fear-based thinking that gets in the way of positive change:
- Foster open-minded discussions that lead to new options
- Weigh and take calculated risks without the fear of blaming repercussions
- Shift overwhelming long-term goals into more achievable short-term, incremental sprints
- Learn how to handle difficult employees who cling to the standard way of doing business dragging the company down
Get answers to managers’ most pressing questions, including:
- How can I tackle today’s culture of fear without coming across as insincere or insensitive?
- How can I induce more versatility into my workplace without it becoming too chaotic?
- Where is the line between maximum productivity and burnout, and how can I avoid crossing it?
- How do I find time to proactively drive the business forward when there are so many existing pressures?
- How do we shift planning from a long-term exercise to a quicker effort with more immediate results?
- How can I promote versatility on a shoe-string budget?
About the Speaker
In addition to corporate experience in several industries, Michelle Coussens has owned and operated Plan B Consulting for more than a decade. Her services span training and guidance in preparing strategic and business plans, assisting in plan development and execution, and various other aspects of operational excellence. In addition, she facilitates meetings and retreats in project management, leadership, ethics, and other interpersonal topics, and she conducts market analysis and competitive intelligence for various types of entrepreneurs and organizations worldwide.
Michelle is on the faculty of the American Management Association and of NeighborWorks® America, where she teaches numerous different strategic planning, management, and analytical seminars to business professionals around the world, teaches classroom seminars and online webinars for the Real Estate Institute, and she is also on the business faculty at College of DuPage.
While change is a normal and healthy part of business, people are naturally resistant and often want to fight against it. Your job as a manager is to turn their fear of change into a hope for new, improved opportunities.
Leave this online training ready to build and maintain a workforce that takes the inevitability of change in stride and starts to recognize and use change to drive your organization forward.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!