Managing Difficult But Talented Employees: Keys to Stopping Bad Behavior
Most managers and supervisors dread confronting an employee whose conduct is disruptive, but it's a necessary part of the job. When that employee is one of your top performers, the task can get even harder! You need to correct the bad behavior, but don't want to risk losing one of your best assets.
Rude and harmful behavior isn't acceptable from anyone on your team. How can you manage expectations and set boundaries without losing a valuable member? Join us for this high-impact, 60-minute training to learn:
- Conduct constructive discussions to change destructive behavior
- Create alignment, inspire accountability & get results from employees
- Forge productive partnerships with your top performing employees
- Eliminate the stress of confronting top performers about their behavior
- 3 ways to motivate employees and get them back on track
Addressing Difficult, but Talented People - Don't Let Egos Get in the Way
- Keys to separating "performance" from "attitude"
- Get to the root of the problem: Questions you should & shouldn't ask
- How to partner with HR so you don't lose a significant resource to your team
Setting Boundaries with Employees: Increase Accountability & Ownership
- Set & communicate clear expectations for behavior improvement
- When to save them from their mistakes and when to let them suffer
- How do you decide when enough is enough - regardless of the talent?
Strategies to Stop Bad Behavior - No Matter Who They Are
- Keeping employees motivated: 3 ways to quickly capture their attention
- Effective methods to discuss performance with highly talented employees
- Following up: Long term solutions to keep employees engaged
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Shawn Casemore is the president of Casemore and Company where he works with leaders who want to increase their influence in the workplace:
- For nearly 20 years, Shawn Casemore has been helping organizations improve their operational performance.
- Some of his delighted clients include Magna International, Arvin Meritor, Bellwyck Packaging Solutions, and Bruce Power
- Shawn is a highly sought after national speaker and writer. His articles have been published in both print and online in several industry publications including "Globe and Mail", "CFO Magazine" and the "Association of Manufacturing"
Join us for this 60-minute training to discover powerful tools to eliminate bad behavior, allowing you to maintain a positive relationship with your highest performing employees.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!