Succeeding As a One-Person HR Department: Avoid Lawsuits & Stress
This information and guidance-rich 60-minute webinar provides business owners and one-person HR departments with vital how-to’s for getting it all done, and stay in compliance. Join us as we cover:
- Prioritizing effectively - get the most important stuff done first
- Navigating complex employment laws - ensure compliance, avoid liability
- What are the key takeaways from FMLA, ADA and FLSA?
- Examine the legal aspects of employee management - hiring, firing and more
Stay Compliant with the Employment Laws That Matter Most
- Avoid the most common legal pitfalls - FMLA, ADA and FLSA
- Record retention best practices - are you prepared for an audit?
- Current employment law - resources to keep you informed
How to Legally and Effectively Manage Employee Relations
- What you should and shouldn';t cover during employee orientation
- Handling harassing or discriminatory behavior - investigation protocols
- Firing without fear - legal steps you must take to avoid litigation
Operating as a One Person HR Department: How to Get it Right
- Need-to-know policies & procedures - remaining compliant
- The six buckets of HR - What are they? How do you stay updated?t
- Time managing techniques - prioritize and navigate your to-do list
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Jessica (“Jessie”) Going is the Human Resources Officer for Lake County, Montana; and is currently administering five separate collective bargaining agreements.
- She possesses more than 10 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources including management, employee relations, labor relations, benefits, staffing and recruitment, payroll, policy development, and implementation.
- Jessie has responsibility for talent (performance) management in both non-union and union environments.
- Her years of providing client services in complex and diverse environments, working with senior management to develop innovative solutions to employee and organizational problems, and communicating effectively with employees and union representatives at all levels, has resulted in her presentations being real-world, example rich, effective, and meaningful.
Discover the key takeaways to remain compliant with employment law, how to address employee misconduct, and keep your company out of legal trouble.
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org