Managing Microaggressions in the Workplace
Microaggressions can be subtle and hard to recognize, but even if unintended, they can have a major impact on employee morale, company culture, and productivity.
In this 60-minute instructor-led program, you will learn best practices for increasing awareness of common microaggressions, how to respond to them, and steps employers can take to prevent them.
During the program, we will explore:
- The role of cultural intelligence in micro-messaging
- Strategies to prevent implicit bias and microaggressions
- Ways to ensure that every employee is treated with respect and encouragement
- What associated language is and terms to watch out for
Spotting, Addressing & Preventing Workplace Microaggressions
- Understanding micro-inequities and microaggressions, and why they matter
- The significance of facial expressions and body language in communication
- Strategies and options for addressing inappropriate behavior
- Your legal and ethical obligations in addressing microaggressions
- Available resources for further education and to stay informed on the topic
Fostering Constructive Conversations in the Workplace
- Creating a positive work environment that discourages exclusionary behavior
- Encouraging creative debate without resorting to personal attacks
- Training employees on appropriate communication practices
- Fostering micro-advantages to unleash creativity and improve results
- Emerging challenges in virtual work environments
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness. She has delivered thousands of signature speeches and training sessions, both online and in person. She holds practical expertise on a variety of HR topics, such as DEIA (diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility), job design, recruiting, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and succession planning.
In this interactive, 60-minute program you will learn how to recognize microaggressions in the workplace, plus effective steps to prevent them and improve your work culture.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org