Managing Up: Proven and Practical Strategies for Better Collaboration
Your success as a supervisor not only depends on managing those under you, but being able to manage your working relationships with colleagues and superiors. Managing up requires the ability to communicate across leadership styles.
How can you develop and use the strategies to earn the trust and support that advances your goals, your team and career? Join us for this can't-miss training and discover how to:
- Showcase your value - blowing your manager's mind
- Work together as a team using proven keys to collaboration
- Deploy solutions for resolving disagreements
- Use practical communication skills when managing up
Practical Ways to Show Your Value: Get on Equal Grounds
- Become indispensable: Anticipating your manager's expectations
- Showcase your talents: Celebrating your points of power
- Get heard: How to make a compelling case for your ideas
Proven Collaboration Strategies: Working Together as a Team
- How to read minds: Strategies for better collaboration
- Proven communication strategies: Practical words and phrases to use
- Finding common ground: Uncover your shared mission and vision
Handling Disagreements: Practical Solutions to Reach a Shared Success
- What to do when you don't get along with your boss
- Difficult conversations while managing up: What not to say
- How differing leadership styles can lead to conflict or success
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Dave Urso has been teaching seminars and developing leaders for almost 15 years. In that time, he's developed an approach that sets him apart. His naturally energetic and interactive style carries over into his sessions and makes listening to him a pleasure.
- Currently, Dave works as the Dean of Academic Affairs at Blue Ridge Community College in Weyers Cave, Virginia.
- Dave earned a Bachelor's in Conflict Resolution and a Master's in Educational Psychology from James Madison University. Dave completed a Ph.D. in Educational Leadership from Colorado State University.
- His mission is to serve as a catalyst of change by engaging others in inspired leadership. His vision is to set the bar for high-quality leadership development and mentorship.
- Dave also recently launched and is President of a consulting company, Dynamic Consulting.
Join us for this 60-minute training to discover how you can collaborate more successfully with your manager to work more effectively as a team.