Managing Your Managers: Unlocking Their Leadership Potential
Promoting high performing employees doesn’t always mean you’re creating effective leaders, but with the right mentoring and support, they can lead their teams to success!
When you invest time and resources into enhancing your managers’ leadership skills and performance, you directly influence the productivity of their employees. Plus, you’ll ensure their approach to management aligns with your organization’s policies and culture. In this interactive 60-minute session, we’ll unlock the secrets to getting the most out of your leaders; setting a strategy that will improve their performance and elevate the potential of the entire team.
Join us to learn:
- Why top performing employees are sometimes the best managers – and when they’re not
- The top 3 challenges your new managers face and how to provide the support they need
- How to give constructive feedback to your managers that won’t demotivate them
- The value you can provide as a mentor (and not just as a boss)
- The best way to encourage your managers to be open to feedback and coaching
Turning Managers into Dynamic Leaders
- How to get a good task manager to become a good people manager
- Must-have skills for effective leadership
- Helping your managers better connect with their teams
- Reaching employees through your managers, instead of going around them
- Show managers how to delegate and take on more responsibility
- The biggest risk to promoting your top performing employees
Coaching Your Managers to Unlock Better Performance
- Giving constructive feedback to managers without tearing them down
- How to manage your managers’ performance with performance management
- Help your managers overcome the top three burdens new managers face
- Ways you can become an effective mentor to your managers
- Keys to ensure managers and employees adjust to changes in leadership
About the Speaker
Shawn Casemore is the president of Casemore and Company where he works with leaders who want to increase their influence in the workplace:
- For nearly 20 years, Shawn Casemore has been helping organizations improve their operational performance.
- Some of his delighted clients include Magna International, Arvin Meritor, Bellwyck Packaging Solutions, and Bruce Power
- Shawn is a highly sought after national speaker and writer. His articles have been published in both print and online in several industry publications including "Globe and Mail", "CFO Magazine" and the "Association of Manufacturing"
In this informative and interactive event, you’ll learn techniques for coaching your managers to be more effective at leading their teams. You’ll also walk away with solutions for providing feedback and guidance that will empower them to drive higher team performance.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org