Master Difficult Conversations: Overcome Fear & Eliminate Conflicts
Most of us want to avoid difficult conversations because they make us feel uncomfortable and can be awkward for all involved. However, the most effective managers possess the ability to confront challenging situations head-on, before they lead to bigger issues.
Join us to learn proven skills that will enable you to address any issue – no matter how sensitive – quickly and with newfound confidence. You'll not only stop procrastinating, you’ll master new approaches that turn these conversations into positive, productive experiences for all involved.
In our 60-minute program you'll discover
- The single most important step to take before any difficult conversation
- Successful approaches for responding to specific difficult situations (chronic tardiness, poor personal hygiene, offensive behavior, bad work habits & more)
- Strategies to avoid conflict and get to a successful resolution
- Proven techniques for delivering honest feedback that defuses conflict
- Language to use – and what to avoid – during tough conversations
Strategies for Supervisors: Deliver a Difficult Conversation Successfully
- Solution-focused strategies to respond to bad behavior
- Criticize without trampling egos: The do's and don'ts
- Keep disagreements from escalating into arguments
- Model to identify which issues are worth confronting
Conversational Skills: Encouraging Open Lines of Communication
- Stay cool under fire: Pointers to keep emotion in check
- Know what you want to get out of your conversation
- Specific follow-up techniques to change negative behavior
- Resolve conflict and still maintain a positive relationship
- Stop gossip & negativity: Clean up the potential backlash
About the Speaker
As a 20-year talent development professional, Tara Powers is an international best-selling author, award winning leadership expert, sought after speaker and crusader against boring, ineffective employee engagement initiatives and leadership training. She's worked with over 200 companies and more than 15,000 leaders building programs and launching initiatives that deliver high touch and high impact for her clients.Tara speaks nationally on vital topics such as the importance of women in leadership, simple secrets to creating healthy organizations and how to build cohesive and committed teams.
Learn strategies to help you manage difficult conversations with ease while still keeping your professional relationships intact. Plus, gain a variety of communication strategies to keep in your back pocket to use in any difficult situation. You’ll walk away better equipped to address problems as well as complicated situations head-on, and with positive intent.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org