Meeting Employee Accommodation Requirements During COVID & Beyond
Employers are faced with the challenges of adapting their workplaces and practices to meet COVID-19 requirements as workers return to work. Part of the challenge is factoring in employees needing, or requesting, special accommodations.
Join us as we discuss strategies and tools to assist protected classes and employees with disabilities, as well as those with emerging concerns, to return to and function in a safe and conducive workplace. In this 60-minute program we’ll provide the information employers need to better ensure their workplace complies with the latest Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidance on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We’ll cover:
- Legal requirements under EEOC, ADA and COVID regulations
- Additional measures employers may consider to accommodate employees
- How to ensure and adhere to privacy protocols
- What employees should be expected to initiate and take responsibility for
- Resources to keep employers up to date on the latest requirements
Latest Requirements for Providing Employee Accommodations
- Reasonable accommodation and protected classes expectations, law, and recent pandemic mandates
- Adhering to employee rights in the workplace while providing accommodations
- Additional rules and considerations required during a health emergency
- Pandemic-related elements to factor into workplace safety
Communication & Reporting Requirements for Employers
- What and how to communicate rights and obligations to employees
- Data collection guidelines and restrictions you need to know
- Reporting requirements: What to report and to which agencies
Additional Considerations for Employers
- How to manage risk related to on-the-job exposure, COVID-related harassment, etc.
- Complying with rules and requirements without backlash from other employees
- Solutions to sample situations involving contact tracing, work from home conditions, etc.
- Keys to proactively plan ahead with pre-health crisis preparation for the future
About the Speaker
In addition to corporate experience in several industries, Michelle Coussens has owned and operated Plan B Consulting for more than ten years. Her services span training and assistance in preparing strategic and business plans, assisting in plan development and execution, and various other aspects of operational excellence. In addition, she facilitates meetings and retreats in project management, leadership, ethics, and other interpersonal topics, and she conducts business analysis for various types of entrepreneurs and organizations worldwide.
- Michelle is on the faculty of the American Management Association and of NeighborWorks® America, where she teaches numerous different strategic planning, management, and analytical seminars to business professionals around the world, teaches ethics, diversity, and related classroom seminars and online webinars for insurance producers and attorneys for the Real Estate Institute, and she is also on the business faculty at College of DuPage. Through her business, she has published more than 150 monthly issues of her newsletter, Planning Possibilities, which is currently distributed worldwide to more than 4,500 clients and contacts.
- Michelle previously served as the first Dean of the School of Business at Kendall College. She built and managed all aspects of the School, including faculty and curriculum selection and assessment, as well as program development and enhancement.
- Michelle is a mentor for students and alumni at Northwestern University and other organizations, assisting professionals of all levels with their personal and professional development.
In this 60-minute program we’ll give you the latest information you need to better ensure compliance with employee accommodation requirements and rules addressing COVID-19. Prepare your workplace for your employees and their evolving needs.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.