Moving Up to Manager: Essential Skills for New Leaders
What happens in your company when you have a new manager struggling in their leadership position?
If you're not on top of your game, a difficult transition then becomes a full-blown problem for all levels of employees - not to mention wasted company time, money, and employee potential.
So how can you ensure that your new managers will be able to confidently take on their new roles with the key skills needed to navigate the transition and beyond?
Join us for our high-impact, 60-minute workshop to optimize your team’s strategy for onboarding new managers. You’ll also discover how to:
- Prepare high potential employees before they're even offered their first leadership role
- Identify and teach key skills every manager must master to be successful from the start
- Help your new managers navigate the tricky transition from peer to leader
- Develop new managers’ confidence so they are more effective
Key Skills for Identifying New Managers: Start Before the Interview
- Ways to identifying existing employees with high potential
- Why you should prepare team members to take on their first leadership role before they’re promoted
- How to avoid promoting ineffective leaders
- Creating a smooth transition from team member to team leader
Strategies for New Managers: Setting the Right Tone
- Methods for building rapport with your direct reports
- How to establish healthy boundaries between you and your team
- Why setting clear expectations can make or break your leadership abilities
- Turning disengaged employees into top performers
- Do’s and Don’ts for handling pushback from your team
About the Speaker
Ashley Cox, PHR, SHRM-CP, is the Founder and CEO of SproutHR, a boutique HR consulting firm specializing in helping women hire and lead thriving teams with smart and simple strategies.
She is also a Subject Matter Expert for the Society for Human Resource Management, and the author of Transform Your Stories, where she helps women identify and overcome the toxic stories that are holding them back, so they can become more confident and courageous leaders and impact the world.
Ashley has spent the past 15 years hiring and leading high-impact teams and teaching others how to do the same in both small businesses and Fortune 25 companies alike. Her work has been featured in numerous publications, such as the Society for Human Resource Management, ABC News, and Brit + Co. She is a 40 Under 40 recipient and has received multiple industry awards.
On a personal note, Ashley is a strong advocate for community involvement. She is an active member of her local entrepreneurial network and a member of Junior Board of Directors for the YWCA of Northeast TN and Southwest VA, whose mission is to empower women and eliminate racism. She loves reading, working outside in her garden, traveling, and spending time with her family.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!