Navigating Multi-State Taxation for Payroll Professionals
But when your employees live in a different state than they work - you’re looking at a payroll nightmare.
Not only are you faced with more regulations, but greater penalties if things go awry.
How can you ensure tax compliance for your multi-state employees?
Join us for this informative, 60-minute program to discover:
- Best practices for multi-state tax withholding
- How to handle garnishments for your multi-state employees
- State withholding liability and impact of employees' state of residency
- Ways to accurately tally taxable & nontaxable fringe benefits
Employee Multi-State Taxation: What Payroll Needs to Do for Compliance
- Identify residential status and know the terms for differentiation
- How reciprocal agreements affect taxation of wages
- In-state & out-of-state taxation policies: Income tax or SUI?
- Proper taxation for multi-state employees based off the state
Tax Withholding for Multi-State Employees: Get it Right to Avoid Penalties
- Reporting wages for multi-state employees on Form W-2
- How to determine your state withholding liability
- Withholding requirements when an employee is temporarily out-of-state
- Know which states have Withholding Allowance Certificates, a W-4, both or neither
Considerations for Income Taxation, Unemployment & Fringe Benefits
- Handling income & unemployment insurance taxation for multi-state employees
- The four-factor test for state unemployment insurance
- Determining income & unemployment taxation of Fringe benefits
- Knowing when unemployment insurance is needed or necessary
About the Speaker
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor, a firm specializing in payroll education and training.
- With over 35 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals alike.
- Lambert produces and presents payroll related audio seminars, webinars and webcasts for clients, APA chapters and business groups throughout the country.
- Lambert is an adjunct faculty member at Brandman University in Southern California and is the creator of and instructor for their Practical Payroll Online program, which is approved for recertification hours by the APA. She is also the Program Developer, Subject Matter Expert (SME), and Facilitator for the Certificate in Payroll Practice and Management Program.
In this high-impact, 60-minute online training event, attendees will receive expert guidance on the complexities of multi-state taxation. Ensure you file accurately, pay what is owed and avoid costly mistakes.