New American Rescue Plan Act: Key Measures Employers Need to Know
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) of 2021 has been signed into law, and contains many provisions that impact employers, plus how employees are compensated.
In this informative 60-minute program, we will cover everything that employers as well as their payroll and finance departments need to know about the ARPA provisions. Plus, important updates on key acts such as the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), and the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
Join payroll expert Dayna Reum to gain critical guidance for the following:
- Extended Paid Sick leave and FMLA credits
- Extensions and updated requirements of the Employee Retention Credit
- COBRA and unemployment changes for employers
- How PPP loans and employer retention credit interact
- Flexibility granted for Form I-9 and E-verify modifications
- Accurate use and filing of Form 7200 for 2020 and 2021
- Updates to Paid Sick and Family leave
- Emergency paid sick leave
- Required Notice
- Details of the tax credits
- DOL’s temporary regulations affecting employers
- Employer Retention Credit: Newest Requirements
- Where to start and how to claim this credit now
- PPP Loan Changes & Status: How it Impacts Tax Credits
- Unemployment Changes Impacting Employers
- Ins and Outs of the COBRA Changes
- I-9 Flexibility & E-verify modifications Employers Need to Know
- Understanding Forms 7200 and Compliance Requirements
- Form 7200 Advance Payment of Employer Credits Due to COVID-19
- How does the 7200 interact with the Form 941?
- Department of Education and Student Loan Wage Garnishments
- When to stop garnishments and when to start again
- Should employers give refunds?
- Key deadlines and errors to watch out for
About the Speaker
Dayna Reum is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 17 years. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures.
Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee).
Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
After this information-rich program, you will understand everything you need to know about the latest round of COVID tax credits, how to navigate the changes, and what is required from employers now.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!