New FLSA Overtime Rule Change: Who’s Exempt & Who’s Not
FLSA compliance continues to be a challenge for employers, and the proposed rules have everyone scrambling. How can you effectively navigate the new FLSA overtime rules and changes to ensure legal compliance, and mitigate risk? Join us for this crucial, 75-minute webinar where we'll cover:
- DOL's new rules on FLSA overtime exemptions: How to prepare
- Exempt vs nonexempt: Critical FLSA overtime compliance
- Latest FLSA enforcement rules, plus role states and local government play
- What you can do if your organization opposes the overtime changes
- Impact of Supreme Court's 2018 Epic Systems decision on employers
DOL's New Rules on Overtime: Ensure FLSA Compliance
- Salary level changes - employee eligibility increases
- The salary threshold for exempt & non-exempt: Get it right
- Revisions of exempt categories: Executives, administrators, professionals
- How the Supreme Court's 2018 Epic Systems decision impacts your policies
Hours Worked Issues: Wage & Hour Compliance Guidelines
- What's on the clock and what's not - be compliant, avoid repercussions
- How to calculate comp time, overtime, travel, on-call time and more
- Computing hours for the newly non-exempt employees
- Remote & off-the-clock employees: Special considerations to know
Exempt vs. Nonexempt: Eliminate the Confusion, Stop Lawsuits
- Structuring job descriptions and evaluations to protect your exemptions
- Misclassified employees - how to make the right corrections
- How to handle specialty role such as out-side sales & computer programmers
Live Question & Answer Session - Have your questions answered by the expert!
About the Speaker
Dr. Jim Castagnera holds a JD and a PhD from Case Western Reserve University.
- Following ten years as a labor and employment lawyer with the Philadelphia firm of Saul Ewing, he has spent the last 22 years as Rider University's Associate Provost and Legal Counsel for Academic Affairs.
- He is the author of 21 books, mostly on labor and employment topics, and teaches human-resource law and policy for the Kline School of Law at Drexel University.
- He also is the principal consultant in his own organization, K&C HR Enterprises/Holland Media Services.
Join us to get a clear understanding of the DOL's proposed rules for a new salary threshold for paying overtime to employers, and what you can do to get ready for the changes. You'll learn how to determine if your employees are exempt or non-exempt, including roles that are tough to categorize.
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org