New OSHA Guidance for Injury & Illness Prevention
New OSHA guidance will now allow OSHA Regional Administrators and Area Directors to cite certain types of violations as “instance-by-instance citations.” This could mean multiple citations for an employer, rather than one citation as per the current rule.
Employers need to prepare now for this new guidance that impacts all industry sectors. Join us for this informative, 60-minute event to get the latest information your organization needs to stay compliant with OSHA’s latest requirements. You’ll discover:
- The two elements of the guidance change & key differences
- Explanation of the “instance-by-instance” meaning & program examples
- Examples of “high-gravity” serious violations OSHA will be targeting
- Proven methods to prevent injuries & deter unannounced inspections
- OSHA’s latest schedule of penalties for specific types of citations
New OSHA Enforcement Guidance
- Key components of the revised enforcement guidance strategy
- When the new enforcement actions are expected to begin
- Examples of “high-gravity” violations specific to certain conditions
- Types and criteria for OSHA citations and the related penalties
- What to expect in the event of an OSHA inspection
Compliance Best Practices to Minimize Citations
- Patterns of group violations and the financial impact
- Methods to improve compliance and prevent citations
- Expectations during OSHA inspection.
- Examples of reporting and recording work-related injuries/illnesses
- Establishing realistic metrics for continuous improvement
- Procedures to ensure contractor compliance requirements
Question & Answer Session -Get real-world answers to your specific questions
About the Speaker
Jack Fearing, CPEA, is the Managing Partner for Fearing International Group LLC and has more than 40 years of experience in occupational safety & health management, program auditing & consulting.
- He is a certified Health & Safety auditor, an OSHA-authorized 10/30 hour instructor, and a professional member of the New Jersey Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP). He was the NJASSP Safety Professional of the Year in 2019.
- His experience includes EHS Director for a global defense contractor, an audit program director for multi-national manufacturing company and audit team leader for a leading global pharmaceutical company.
- He is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts (BS) and Boston University (M.Ed). He is retired US Army LTC, Senior Army Aviator and Aviation Safety Officer.
- Jack is an accomplished speaker and author and has been published in various American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) publications on numerous occupational safety & health topics. He is also regularly published in "CoatingsPro", "Today's Facility Manager", and "Facility Safety Management" magazines. He is a frequent speaker and trainer at local, regional and national venues.
In this 60-minute, compliance-based program you will learn how OSHA’s new guidance for citing injury and illness violations “instance-by-instance” will impact employers. Also discover prevention measures organizations can take now.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org
For this one hour program you may claim 0.05 continuance of certification points (COC's) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Please submit a request to obtain proof of your participation and a certificate of attendance will be emailed within 2-3 days.