On-demand Pay Updates & Compliance for Employers
Many employers offering on-demand, or earned wage access (EWA), as part of their benefit plan are not properly handling this pay option - leading to costly fines. The Treasury Department has proposed new legislation that should help clarify the tax treatment of on-demand pay arrangements for employers.
In this 60-minute, instructor-led event you will learn how to accurately process on-demand pay, plus how proposed legislation will impact your payroll procedures. Join us to discover:
- Clear explanation of tax requirements for on-demand pay
- 4 key parts of the Treasury’s on-demand pay proposal
- State-specific paycard requirements that impact your EWA plan
- Documenting and using EWA policies and procedures uniformly
- Payroll provider or software-specific guidelines you may need to consider
On-demand Pay Compliance Updates & Best Practices
- The Treasury’s on-demand pay proposal to assist employers
- Managing access to earned wages through a paycard program
- Questions to ask vendors who may be managing this process
- Other options for helping employees who want this benefit
- When should employers make this available to employees?
Designing an Accurate Earned Wage Access Benefit Plan
- Keys to ensuring timely tax payments
- How to comply with garnishment orders
- Creating a written plan for implementation and processing
- Is EWA a loan or advance - and why does this matter?
- What to include in your EWA policies and procedures
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP has over 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.). Tricia is a Payroll and Human Resource “nerd” who enjoys reading Internal Revenue Code.
She is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through the American Payroll Association (APA), a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau for the American Payroll Association and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
Join our 60-minute program to the learn tools employers need to plan and execute a solid on-demand pay plan, ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, and the impact of the Treasury’s proposed changes.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!
Premier Learning Solutions is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. This program is valid for 1 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
This program has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward aPHRTM, aPHRiTM, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Learn more at hrci.org